Our universal cranes give you the certainty of quality, efficiency and reliability at the highest level. Every crane and every crane component reflects decades of crane expertise and reliability as a partner for the industry.
Our product portfolio includes single and double-girder overhead travelling cranes and suspension cranes. Besides universal cranes with welded box-section girders, we also offer solutions with rolled steel sections. Our wall-mounted travelling cranes and crane sets, which are tailored to meet specific customer needs, round off our range.
See all the performance details and benefits on the product pages.
The key to higher handling rates: revolutionary product design.
Precise, fast, long service life – the Demag V-type crane revolutionises load handling. Its innovative design featuring tapered diaphragm joints improves oscillation characteristics by 30%, cuts its weight by an average of 17% and doubles its service life to as many as 500,000 changes of load. Our new girder design offers significantly improved efficiency for handling loads and higher handling rates than conventional box-section girders.
Optimum performance and cost-effectiveness
Our EKKE single-girder overhead travelling cranes feature maximum rigidity for a minimum deadweight. This keeps the load on the crane runway to a minimum – and a cost-effective design can be selected for the building. This approach provides you with a cost-effective solution. They also include a hoist unit with high handling speeds and the benefits of outstanding crane geometry, resulting in exceptional travel characteristics. For greater overall efficiency. What other benefits do EKKE units offer?
- Crane girders made of computer-optimised box sections
- End carriages of torsionally rigid, welded box-section design
- Improved cost-effectiveness offered by the hoist thanks to extended service life as part of the Demag standard design (1,900 hours of service at full load)
- Improved load handling thanks to increased lifting and cross-travel speeds
- Low-sway load motions thanks to infinitely variable cross-travel speeds
EPKE single-girder overhead travelling cranes are the cost-effective entry-level models in the Demag crane product range. They offer high levels of efficiency and are the optimum solution for light loads and relatively small spans. This is mainly due to the use of rolled-steel profile sections for the crane girder and specially developed travelling rope hoists or chain hoists. However, EPKE units also offer other benefits:
- end carriages of optimised design to suit the structure
- rigid standard I-beam girders for optimum load distribution
- efficient, fatigue-free load handling thanks to ergonomically designed control units
- low-sway travel motions for smooth handling and exact positioning of loads
- crane components offering high safety and reliability
- supplied with DR rope hoist or DC chain hoist.
For column-free handling of loads up to 16 tonnes
Our EPDE suspension cranes leave your entire workshop area available for production. The cranes are simply attached to the existing roof structure – columns to support the crane runway are not needed. This design saves time and costs. Alternatively, the installation of stand-alone steel superstructures also enables the solution to be adapted to changed production requirements.
Further outstanding benefits of EPDE units:
- rigid I-beam girders for optimum load distribution
- specific sections of the workshop can be served
- loads can be handled immediately adjacent to the building wall by means of girder ends tailored to your application requirements
- lateral overhangs to extend the cross-travel path beyond the runway span
- supplied with DR rope hoist or DC chain hoist (up to 5 tonnes).
Overhead handling – for loads weighing up to 16 tonnes
Our EKDE suspension cranes are mainly characterised by high torsional rigidity thanks to their welded box-section design. The cranes run on tracks that are simply attached to the existing roof structure – columns to support the crane runway are not needed. This design saves time and money. And it saves space, leaving your entire workshop area available for production. Further benefits?
- Computer-optimised box-section profile used for the crane girder for optimum load distribution
- Specific sections of the workshop can be served
- Lateral overhangs to extend the cross-travel path beyond the runway span
- Loads can be handled immediately adjacent to the building wall by means of girder ends tailored to your application requirements
- Engineering tolerances for minimum wear
A solid investment in handling efficiency and performance
Our double-girder overhead travelling cranes offer exceptional load capacity for a low deadweight. Their outstanding crane geometry also provides for extremely good travel characteristics, which minimises wear on the end carriages and crane runway. The load hook can be raised between the two crane girders, which allows large lifting heights to be achieved. Further strengths?
- High long and cross-travel speeds thanks to high-performance double-girder design
- Low deadweight reduces investment layout
- Crane girders can be adapted to building structure requirements
- Minimum approach dimensions thanks to compact travelling hoist design
- Crane control to meet application requirements: via radio control, control pendant or cab control (optional)
- Maintenance platform and accessible crab facilitate maintenance of building interior fittings (optional)
Supporting processes at the workplace
Our EKWK wall-mounted travelling cranes are ideal workstation cranes for workplaces that are arranged next to each other. They are used to transport materials to the individual workstations and, at the same time, are used for positioning at assembly stations. They operate below the bridge crane level on crane runway rails that are arranged one above the other along the workshop wall. Other features:
- outreaches up to 12 m
- load capacities up to 6.3 tonnes
- control via cable-connected control pendant or by radio
- travel units made of Demag drive components with first-class travel characteristics
- travelling DR rope hoist on a cantilever bracket.
Components tailored to meet your needs
Demag crane sets guarantee maximum quality, efficiency and reliability. They are based on standardised components for a wide variety of specific application configurations. Every component reflects our decades of expertise in all aspects of crane design. You benefit from decisive advantages:
- complete packages of components tailored to meet specific needs for single and double-girder overhead travelling cranes and suspension cranes
- for single and double crab operation
- hoists to meet application requirements: Demag rope and chain hoists
- optimum combination
- user-friendly assembly on the plug-&-play principle
- high safety, reliability and efficiency.